Monday, July 12, 2010

concept map




This is my concept map about week one. At first I didn't really like the idea of mind mapping as I didnt really think I had learnt much in week one. I was very surprised as I went through my notes to what I had infact learnt and remembered. I found it really usefull for pulling out key words and important phrases.

Concept mapping could be used in the classroom at the beginning and end of a unit. I would firstly get the students to map out what they already knew about a topic. At the end of the unit I would again ask them to map out what they now know. I would then ask them to compare what they knew, with what they now know, to show to them what they have learnt from studying that particular topic.

1 comment:

  1. After looking at various concept maps around topic one for this course it became quite clear that everyone remembered different things about the course. This made me think about the different things that students would pick up on in the classroom. This tool could also be used as a small assessment tool to inform the classroom teacher what aspects of a topic the students have learnt.

    Mrs Daisy also suggested this tool could be used collabratively which I hadn't thought of.

    ReplyDelete